Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thank you for choosing Kaiser

So I get a phone call yesterday morning canceling my 2 week follow-up appt. for my ankle. I am told that the doctor will not be in, and the first I can get into see him is next Tuesday. I explain that this appt. was set by my doctor, and my work restriction expires today. I will need some sort of letter extending my work restriction until next Tuesday. The representative indicates that she will send a message to my doctor/nurse requesting such a letter, and I will be contacted later.

Later that afternoon I get a call from another representative, who explains that she got my message, and that there are no appt's available today and I will have to try and get in on Saturday. In my calmest voice I explain that I already know I can't get in, I am waiting for a letter to get me through until Tuesday. She explains that I can't get a letter unless I get an appt. I explain that I had an appt. up until the doctor canceled, and it is your M*%^$R F*%$#N! responsibility to remedy the situation. She responds that my only option is to call Saturday morning and make an appt. I explain that our lovely conversation must come to an end, and hang up.

Not understanding why I have to wait until Saturday to make an appt. and not wanting to stress all night worrying if I can get in, I call again to make an appointment. I speak to another representative explaining the facts of my case IN DETAIL, who while being a little more sympathetic, explains to me that Saturday appts. must be made same day. I finally give up and agree to stop fighting the machine. I thank her and she tells me "Thank you for choosing Kaiser" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!


p.s. I didn't really curse, that was just my inner dialog.

4 comments:

  1. Denny, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Keep up the good work. And screw those bastards at Kaiser! The machine is clearly broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew something bad had gone down when I found you lying on our bed, your arms at your sides, wearing that faraway look on your face.

    I hope you're mad as Hell and aren't going to take it anymore! But if you throw your cell phone, please don't get it stuck in a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dennis, that's just too awful. It's the worst when you have to interact with someone who clearly gets their jollies from the wee bit of power they have over the poor suckers they're paid to "help." You gotta feel almost sorry for them.

    Hope it all worked out. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bobby, Heather and Lea! I don't have your blogging chops, but it's nice to have a place to vent and share my profound observations.. : )

    ReplyDelete